Like us on Facebook!
Click here for the December PTO calendar!
Click here for the December PTO newsletter!
Click here for the 2016/2017 School Spirit Days!
Look for the PTO Table at events such as the Book Fair, Holiday & Craft Fair, and the Holiday Concert where we’re selling both Snowmangrams for $1 and tickets to our Spare Time Bowling Event being held on Sunday January 15, 2017 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
Book Fair Voluneers Needed – The fall Scholastic Book Fair is right around the corner, December 5 – 9, and this year we are using SignUp for parents to volunteer to work the fair, help set up on December 2nd, and/or clean up on December 9th. The below time slots are still available. Use this link, http://signup.com/go/nHXR8P to volunteer to help. Any questions please contact Lisa Traska, email@example.com or (860) 707-4521.
- 11 am – 1 pm, 1 volunteer needed
- 1 pm – 3 pm, 2 volunteers needed
- 5 pm – 7 pm, 1 volunteer needed
- 9 am – 11 am, 1 volunteer needed
- 11 am – 1 pm, 1 volunteer needed
- 1 pm – 3 pm, 1 volunteer needed
Thank you for volunteering! We can’t do this without you!
Scholastic Book Fair – Monday 12/5 – Friday 12/9 – CRS Library – Bookaneer Book Fair, Where books are the treasure! Arrgh you ready for the Book Fair? Take off on a daring journey into open books!
- Thursday 12/8: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday 12/9: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Yankee Candle Pick Up – Thursday 12/8 & Friday 12/9 – Yankee Candle orders will be picked up in the classroom at your student’s conference on December 8th or 9th.
Square 1 Art Pick Up – Friday 12/9, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM – If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Traska, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Annual Holiday & Craft Fair – Friday 12/9, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM – CRS Cafeteria – Enjoy a one stop shop for ALL your holiday gift giving needs! All your favorites, under one roof: Mary Kay, Thirty-One Gifts, LuLaRoe, Wild Tree, Jamberry, Perfectly Posh, Paparazzi and more!
Holiday Cookie Platters – Tuesday 12/13 By 6:00 PM – As the holidays get closer, the PTO likes to put together Holiday Cookie Platters for the staff of CRS! If you would like to help us, please drop off 2 dozen cookies to the office or library by 6:00 PM on Tuesday, December 13th as we will be assembling the platters before the scheduled PTO meeting! Click here for more information.
PTO Meeting – Tuesday 12/13, 6:30 PM – CRS Library – Holiday Cookie Platters for Teachers and Staff – Please send agenda items to Angela Fredrickson, email@example.com. There will be babysitting available if you need to bring your children! Everybody is a part of the PTO automatically, there are no dues or fees to join. Please join us, all are welcome to attend.
School Spirit Day – Friday 12/16 – Festive Holiday Wear
Snowmangram Orders – Due Monday 12/19 – CRS PTO if offering the opportunity to send Snowmangrams to students this year. Foam Snowman shapes will be delivered to the students with special messages from the sender. The Snowmen can be purchased for $1. If interested in sending a Snowmangram then return the order form by 12/19 to Snowmangram CRS PTO. Snowmangrams will be available at the PTO table during the Winter Concert if you would like to fill out your own snowman. Snowmangrams will be delivered before Winter Break (weather permitting).
Spare Time Fundraiser – Sunday 1/15, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Join us for bowling and fun! Tickets will be sold ahead of the event and will make great stocking stuffers for the holidays! Be on the lookout for a flyer coming soon and tickets will be sold at other PTO events such as the Book Fair and the Holiday & Craft Vendor Fair. Any questions please contact Cindy Kristoff, firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathleen Marth, email@example.com.
Holiday Shopping – When shopping for holiday gifts or holiday cards, please use these links at Amazon or Shutterfly. The PTO will automatically receive a portion of each sale! Once on the website, bookmark them to your favorites for easy access the next time you want to shop!
- Amazon Smile – Did you know that you can raise money for the CRS PTO with your purchases from Amazon? To do so you must register your Amazon account and place your orders through www.smile.amazon.com. Any purchases made through Amazon Smile earns us 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible Amazon Smile purchases. You can find us under the list of charities: Center Road School PTO. Please note that you cannot set up your Amazon app to automatically submit your order through Amazon Smile, you must go through the Amazon Smile website to order. But when you register with Amazon Smile it carries over your regular Amazon account information so any items in your regular Amazon cart will automatically be in the Amazon Smile cart through the Amazon Smile website.
- Shutterfly – How exciting! We have teamed up with Shutterfly to help fundraise for our school! Whenever you place an order with Shutterfly, use this link centerroadschoolpto.shutte
rflystorefront.com before beginning your order. As long as you use our link, Shutterfly will donate 13% of each sale to our school! Great for pictures, gifts, invitations, and Christmas cards! You are still able to use coupons and promotions as you would normally do. It’s just now, you’re helping raise funds for your child’s school!
Sneak Peek – January’s Events
- 1/13 – School Spirit Day – Color Wars
- 1/15 – Spare Time Bowling Event (1:00 PM -3:00 PM)
- 1/19 – PTO Meeting
- 1/23 – Gift Card Orders Due
- 1/27 – School Spirit Day – Community Service Day (Wear something that represents a group you participate in that gives back – scouts, team jersey, CRS wear, and encourage donations to something TBA (food pantry or something else)
- 1/31 – Gift Card Orders Delivered
Volunteers Needed – New this year, we are offering an incentive to volunteer – $25 gift card or $50 restaurant/movie combo gift card. Every time you volunteer, you get entered into the drawing. Drawing 2x a year, Dec/May. We have many volunteer opportunities available throughout the year. Please keep in mind that where a chairperson is needed the duties can be divided between more than one person so grab a friend or tow and try something new! Any amount of time you have is needed and appreciated.
Attention 5th Grade Parents – A note to 5th grade parents. You may not be aware, but the PTO pays for the entire 5th grade field trip to Boston, which in the past has included the parent chaperones. Unfortunately, due to rising costs, we will now be asking the chaperones to pay for their tickets. However, the PTO will waive the chaperone fee to any parents who volunteer at least 3 hours of their time at one of our many events! Please understand that the PTO does NOT pick the parents that get to chaperone. That is up to the discretion of the teacher and the “way” they choose their chaperones. The PTO board can only keep track of who will need to pay their way or who will have the fee waived. Volunteering your time does NOT guarantee you will be a chaperone.
PTO Money – The PTO has such an important job when it comes to funding and planning out the school year! We try to plan a lot of fun events as well as support our teachers and staff at Center Road School. And yes, we do this through fundraising and some would say a lot of fundraising! But it all goes towards making your children’s elementary school years as fun as possible! So, ever wonder just what we do with the money we raise? Well click here is a brief description of all the wonderful things the PTO does.
Attention PTO Committee Chairs – In order to help volunteers run future PTO events/fundraisers, we’re creating a place on our PTO website where anyone can go to view what is involved in a particular event. If you have chaired a PTO event, please email Angela Fredrickson, firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any information about that particular event (i.e. do you send a flyer home with students, does it involve a permission slip being signed, do you need the building form completed, etc.)